Sporting License Information

New York State requires that anyone applying for a Hunting or Fishing License must prove residency by presenting their Drivers License or one of the following:

  • Voters Registration Card
  • W-2 Income Tax Form
  • Bank statement
  • Major Credit Card Bill
  • Utility Bill

Anyone applying for a Hunting License must also present either an old Hunting License or Hunter Safety Course Card.

For fees and other information about sporting licenses, please click: NYSDEC Licenses.