RISE Phase III – Town Property Tax Relief for locally owned businesses that have experienced an economic loss due to COVID-19 and/or Orange Zone Restrictions
The Town of Irondequoit is offering a property tax rebate to businesses that have been negatively impacted by the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, in an effort to assist locally owned businesses during these unprecedented economic times.
This grant opportunity represents, which will refund up to 100% of Town property taxes, the third phase of the Revitalizing Irondequoit’s Small business Economy (RISE) Program.
Phase III of the RISE Program will provide grants that match up to 100% of a businesses 2020 town property tax bill, up to a maximum of $3,500. Funding will be distributed on a sliding scale, based on the extent to which a business has been forced to close or restrict operations as a result COVID pandemic. To apply, businesses must have proof of payment for their 2021 Town property taxes and be able to document a loss of income as a result of New York on Pause Executive Order and/or the New York Cluster Zone Designations. For more information about eligibility requirements and program details, please see below.
To date, the RISE program has provided $332,500 in financial assistance to over 75 small businesses in the Town of Irondequoit. The program was created with Community Development Block Grant funding received from the Federal CARES Act from March of last year.
For questions about the application process and/or eligibility for Phase III of the RISE program, please contact Alex Hipolito by calling 336-6029 or AHipolito@irondequoit.org
PHASE III - GUIDELINES
- Business owners will be eligible for a grant that matches up to 100% of their 2020 town property tax bill. Your town tax bill includes:
- “Irondequoit Town Tax”, “Irondequoit Sewer District” & “Consolidated Drain”
- Applicants must include proof of their tax bill being paid in full before they will be considered for the grant rebate.
- Grant recipient must be the payor of town taxes, either as the owner of the property or as via clearly identified pro-rata share of the town taxes as documented in the lease agreement.
- In cases where the property owner leases space to other businesses, the property owner must document if/how the town taxes are distributed on a pro-rata basis to the other tenants.
- Businesses will need to document a loss of income as a result of New York on PAUSE Executive Orders and/or New York Cluster Zone designations
Grants will be awarded on the following scale:
- For most significantly impacted Orange Zone businesses(those that were closed as a result of being placed into an Orange Zone and continue to be in an Orange Zone, as of 1/1/2021)
- Town tax repayment up to $3500
- For Orange Zone businesses that were allowed to re-open due to modified State regulation that occurred after the Orange Zone designation on November 25th, 2020. This applies primarily to personal care establishments (salons, barbers) and fitness centers.
- Town Tax repayment up to $3000
- For businesses that were forced to temporarily close and/or experienced considerable disruption due to New York on PAUSE Executive orders in the Spring of 2020, and were allowed to re-open under the “New York Forward” guidelines, but with regulations that reduced business operations (ie: bars, restaurants, recreational facilities, fitness centers not in Orange Zone
- Town Tax repayment up to $2000
- For businesses that were forced to temporarily close and/or experienced considerable disruption due to the New York on PAUSE Executive Orders in the Spring of 2020, and were allowed to re-open under the “New York Forward” guidelines, in a manner that did not significantly disrupt business activity. This primarily includes businesses allowed to re-open in Phase I and Phase II of NY Forward.
- Town tax repayment up to $1500
Ineligible Grant Recipients:
As was the case with the initial RISE program, Ineligible businesses include:
- National chains
- Non-profit organizations
- Franchises of State/Regional Businesses with 10 or more locations in New York State
- Banking institutions
- Commercial real estate companies
- Medical offices
RISE Program Contact Information
For questions about the application process and/or eligibility for this phase of the RISE program, please contact:
Alex Hipolito, Constituent Liaison