A Solicitor is a person doing business through the acts of selling or offering for sale, soliciting orders, demonstrating or making estimates on goods, services or merchandise directly to the public in the public streets and public places or by going from house to house whether by appointment, referral, uninvited solicitation, route salesman or party plan within the Town of Irondequoit.
To view the Irondequoit Town Code related to Peddling and Soliciting, please click here.
|Company / Organization||Valid|
|Erie Construction||2/7/18 to 5/7/18|
Solicitors will be carrying a yellow cardstock badge with the following information:
- Company Name
- Solicitor’s name, age, height, and eye color
- Town Clerk’s signature
- Issuing date
- Expiration date
- Town Seal
- Every solicitor approved by the Town of Irondequoit MUST provide a current background check with their application.
- They MUST carry a Solicitor License issued by the Town of Irondequoit.
- Solicitor’s may not sell or vend within 250 feet of any school property between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on school days, nor enter upon private property for the purpose of soliciting before the hour of 10:00 a.m. or after ½ hour before sunset of any day, except upon the prior invitation of the householder or occupant.
- If the solicitor cannot provide proof of approval by the Town, call 911.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding solicitation or the process of approval please feel free to call Alison Zappolo at 336-7079 in the Town Clerk’s Office for further details. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.