NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a resolution regarding the employment of paid personnel by the Ridge Culver Fire District of the Town of Irondequoit, State of New York, will be considered at a public hearing for the purpose of considering the said resolution and hearing all persons interested in the subject concerning same. The hearing will be held at 6:00 p.m. at the Ridge Culver Firehouse, 2960 Culver Road, Rochester, New York 14622 in the Town of Irondequoit, State of New York on May 17th, 2021.
The Resolution to be considered is as follows:
RESOLVED, that pursuant to Section 176(11‑c) of the Town Law, the Board of Fire Commissioners of the Ridge Culver Fire District does hereby determine that in order to protect the residents of the Ridge Culver Fire District, it is in the public interest of the residents of the Fire District to:
1. Employ up to 16 paid firefighters, up to 9 paid officers and a paid chief of the Ridge Culver Fire District:
2. Provide for the powers and duties of such paid firefighters, fire officers and paid chief:
3. Determine the chain of command in the fire department and fire district.
4. Determine that the paid chief shall have charge of apparatus and other equipment, subject to the applicable section of New York State Law.
5. Determine that all firefighters and officers of the fire department and fire district shall act under the orders and control of the chief.
Dated: April 19, 2021
Ridge-Culver Fire District