Some of the Services We Provide
- Inspects public, semi-public, and other commercial establishments to ascertain the extent of conformity to fire prevention laws.
- Orders the removal or correction of fire hazards.
- Informs fire districts of local building conditions and of special features involved in buildings or fields located in their districts.
- Inspects yards and fields for the presence of rubbish and hazardous material.
- Recommends fire detection or prevention measures and other corrective steps.
- Establishes and enforces fire lanes.
- Issues burning permits.
- Prepares reports and maintains records.
- Reviews building plans for code compliance, and may participate in approval process for new structures.
- Acts as a liaison between fire districts and the Town Boards.
- Reviews and maintains level of preparedness for disaster.