Citizens Police Academy
2013 Registration Form
Classes are Thursday evenings
Dates: March 7, 2013 through April 25, 2013
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Town Court building Small Courtroom
The Irondequoit Police Department’s Citizen’s Police Academy provides participants with a clear understanding of the role, function, and responsibilities of a law enforcement agency within the criminal justice system. The CPA also furnishes a broad view of the entire criminal justice system and the true operations of that system within our society and community. The program stresses the strong partnership that must exist between the criminal justice system and the community, if we are to be effective in our efforts to reduce criminal incidents within our respective communities.
Topics of instruction include:
- Discuss crime scene investigation
from a patrol aspect.
- Crime scene investigation including the role of the technician.
- Cover the duties of criminal investigators and patrol supervisors.
- Presentation by the Monroe County Medical Examiners office.
- Tour the Monroe County jail
- Tour of Public Safety Training Facility
- M.C.D.A. and a public defender to explain each of their roles.
Stage an actual crime scene that each team would respond to.
Register by completing the form at the top of this page.
For more information, please contact the Irondequoit Police Department’s Community Services Unit at 585-336-6000 x2236.