Drug-Free Irondequoit: Together
D-FI: Together is a community based coalition focused on bringing local stakeholders together to develop and support efforts to decrease the prevalence of drug usage in our community through; increased awareness of the issue, support of evidence based prevention efforts and treatment support efforts that help those affected to recover and live a healthy, drug free lifestyle.
D-FI: Together is conducting an anonymous survey to learn more about how Irondequoit residents view underage substance abuse. Please take a few minutes to complete the survey at: D-FI Adult Perception Survey (last day for submissions is June 1st)
Vision Statement: The vision of D-FI: Together is to create systemic change of beliefs, attitudes, perceptions and practices associated with the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs among youth, their families and the community at large, in order to build a safe, healthy and drug free community.
Mission Statement: D-FI: Together will establish and strengthen collaboration among multiple community sectors to develop and support the implementation of programs and activities related to prevention, education and reduction of youth substance use by:
- Acting as a channel for programs and information relating to healthy non-addictive lifestyles,
- Assessing and reporting the needs of our community through evidence based effective practices, and
- Addressing gaps revealed by these reports.
Supervisor Seeley’s Press Release (Dec. 2016) announcing the formation of this coalition: Irondequoit Community Combating Youth Drug Addiction
Frequently Asked Questions
What does D-FI do? D-FI members regularly meet to facilitate various efforts within the group, such as; the implementation of a survey to assess the current perception of local residents regarding substance use among teens/young adults, applications for grant funding to support local substance use treatment agencies, working with local school districts to improve education on substance abuse.
Who is involved in D-FI?
- The Town of Irondequoit: Supervisor Dave Seeley
- Irondequoit Police Department: Chief Richard Tantalo
- Irondequoit Parents
- Irondequoit Students
- The Finger Lakes Prevention Resource Center
- East Irondequoit Central School District
- West Irondequoit Central School District
- Bishop Kearney High School
- Veterans Outreach Center
- Irondequoit Kiwanis
- Irondequoit Rotary
- Irondequoit Ministerial Association
- Irondequoit Chamber of Commerce
- National Guard Counterdrug Task Force
- Irondequoit Town Advocacy Group (ITAG)
- Irondequoit Residents
Local News & Events related to Substance Abuse Prevention:
- Democrat & Chronicle article features ROCovery Fitness, a local nonprofit that uses physical exercise as a tool to support those emerging from active drug and alcohol use, now has its own facility in Rochester to provide recovery resources and fitness classes. To learn more read the full story ROCovery Fitness gets city homeor visit their website at, www.rocoveryfitness.org
For a list of MonroeCountyCertified Treatment Providers: